Accept yourself as YOU are!
Fat. Ugly. Wrinkled. Have you ever found yourself looking in the mirror, when one of those words has crossed your mind? It’s labels like these that keep us focused on the superficial, add to our emotional baggage, and generally make us unhappy. So, I ask you: Why use labels? They are meant for clothes! An Alpha Chick always focuses on the positive, so I’m going to show you how.
- Stop comparing yourself to other people: All of us were put on this earth as individuals, and we all have gifts and traits that are unique to us. Focus on the positive and let go of the negative labels.
- Speak kindly to yourself: The next time you look in the mirror and think something negative, stop yourself and say something positive instead. It could be anything, from “Your hair looks great today,” to “I am a great mom to my kids.” Just a small adjustment can reset your attitude from negative to positive.
- Share your positive feelings: People often are quick to complain or share negative feelings before they share positive ones. If someone brightened your day, even in a small way, be sure to let them know! Even a quick tweet can return the good feelings, it’s amazing how quickly sunshine can spread!
- Self-care: Take a few minutes each day to do something nice for yourself: get a manicure, shut the phone off, take a walk, give yourself a hug.
- Create a Gratitude List: Use the one in the Alpha Chick Action Guide for Personal Transformation, available on AlphaChick.com, or just use your journal. Every evening, before you go to bed, write down five things that you really appreciated from the day. Just noticing these things can help bring a smile to your face, and bring peace to your heart. You will not believe how this energy grows! Before you know it, you will be experiencing so much appreciation in your life for all the wonderful small things you never noticed before.
Take a few minutes every day to rid yourself of all the negative labels in your life and focus on your inner beauty. Remember that each person on this earth is unique, and you were put here for a reason.
I congratulate you on making the commitment to begin your personal transformation and embarking upon an amazing journey toward self-empowerment. If you feel that you need some personal guidance along the way, please check out my Empowerment Coachingservices and packages.
Mal Duane is a Best Selling Author and Personal Life and Recovery Coach who has overcome life challenges using the steps in the Alpha Chick Process. Her personal mission is to help women excel in all areas of their lives from business to personal relationships. Mal has been featured with Fox 25 Boston Morning Show, Aspire Magazine, Healthy Living and Metrowest Daily News. She has also been a featured guest on over thirty Blogtalk Radio shows discussing recovery and personal transformation.
Mal’s book, Alpha Chick, Five Steps for Moving from Pain to Power, is a best selling book and is available on Amazon.com.